Translate

Thursday 3 January 2013

Motivation?

Today I'm thinking about motivation. It really does take a lot to get me going. I've started a healthy eating plan and while I intend to stick to it, I have to admit that it's going to take a monumental effort on my part to carry on and see just about anything through. I'm also thinking about unintentional saboteurs. You know the kind: 'Here, have a cake. One little cake won't hurt,' 'Have a drink, it's only one,' 'You'll never stick to it...' And the list goes on. We've probably all been guilty of sabotaging someone's good intentions at one time or another, but when we're the ones on the receiving end, boy, is it annoying. I live my life with the best of intentions, and wish I had a whole set of skills to keep me going onwards toward unbound greatness and achievement. Sadly, I can't organise the kitchen cupboards at times, so keeping myself on the straight and narrow with exercise and healthy eating, while trying desperately not to succumb to a Snickers is going to be some feat.

In the past I would have taken negative comments to heart and told myself they are right and I should just give up. I would then give up. I don't want to give up. I'm not giving up. Today's challenge is to get myself out of the house long enough to get some fresh air and exercise at the same time. I am eternally lazy, I hate walking, but that's what I'm going to do today. Despite the fact I'm one step away from coughing up a lung, I'm going to do it. Viruses suck.

So what gets you motivated, does it take a lot?

No comments:

Post a Comment