Translate

Wednesday 2 January 2013

The F-Word

First off, if you don't like the F- word, you're not going to like this post. Fat. There, I said it. I'm fat. More importantly, I'm unfit. I don't baulk at the fat word, nor do I always see myself as fat, but I am clinically obese, and I need to change that without losing an ounce of my femininity and the very things I like about myself.

I don't like to set myself up for immediate failure, therefore, I don't make resolutions that I can't stick to. Invariably, that means I don't make any at all, because I'm not very good at sticking to things. You may think, 'well,  at least she's honest.' I'm not honest, I'm lazy.

2013 is going to be a year of determined change. At 36 years young, I think it's high time I grow up and create a positive outlook for myself. Actually, not just for me; this is for my children, too.

The first change I want to make - let's call them changes, I might just stick to it - is to lose weight and get healthy. I don't want to get thin, I want to get healthy. With already existing health problems, I want to make my life a little easier when walking up the stairs, when out walking, or even just cleaning the house. To put it bluntly, I'm a short arse. A short arse with a big arse. I like my bum, that's not the issue, I don't always feel big, but I do feel unfit. I'm aiming to change that part of me the most.

My younger sister also has weight issues she's trying to tackle for very different reasons. She wants to be a mummy to her own child. To do this, she has to lose weight to be eligible for IVF. I'm doing this with and for her. I want to be a support so that when she's struggling to put that can of Irn Bru down, I can struggle with her. I want her to be a mummy, too.

Today, my starting weight is 'fat'. Tomorrow I'll be a little less fat. I'm blogging because it means I can talk about it without talking about it. Follow my story here. I've already refused a sugary drink and a bar of chocolate today. I feel lighter already!


Wonder if I'll exercise today.....

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you've created a blog, it'll certainly help you on your quest for a healthier lifestyle :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, spankyoo! But given that I can't stick to anything, it's now a question of whether I can stick to this blog. BTW, not exercised today. Illness has lead me to sleep. Must. Try. Harder! :D

      Delete
  2. Fabulous darling ;) I will get my first post up on Baby a chance tomorrow if I can :) x

    ReplyDelete