Translate

Friday 17 May 2013

Here we go again! On the diet train. Choo Choo!




Right, so, I am finally in a good place mentally to be able to get on track with dieting and exercising. I tried to book in with my doctor this morning, but he's not there today. I wanted to go in and ask for help, but I am going to try again on Monday. I don't want pills or ops, I don't take too well to most medications, and I'm too much of a wuss job to have another op, so the natural way is my way forward! I once did the Eat Right For Your Type diet - also known as ER4YT - and I followed the O Diet, thinking my blood was the O +. Turns out I am AB+. Hmmmm. Yes, I am daft, but if you know me, you know that isn't unusual for me. Anyway, the diet was hard and very restricting, but it worked. For me. It won't necessarily work for everyone, and it has - as with so many diets - been accused of being a fad or unsafe. ALWAYS check with your doctor first before making dramatic changes. I cannot stress that enough. Even if I don't always follow my own advice, you can. GO TO YOUR DOCTOR! Where was I? Ah, yes, this diet.... It worked because I didn't stray from it, I worked hard and long hours, and the weight dropped off. More than two stones in about 6 months. Once that six months was up, I went back to eating fairly normally, and I did put a little weight back on, but not much.

The trouble is, I'm heading for 37 years of age, I haven't just gotten fatter, I've gotten lazier. I think the lazy and lack of motivation is the thing I'd love to change most about myself. I have very personal reasons I want to do this now, and it is my real motivation. Apart from wanting to support my sister, remain healthy for my kids; it's now about me and my needs. Luckily, my boyfriend loves me just as I am, but I'm lacking in the self-love department. I don't need to be skinny to love myself or feel loved, I just want some self-acceptance and I don't need to lose masses to get there.

So, here is what I'm thinking: Doctor on Monday, join a local gym, wrap up warm and get walking my dog (having a big garden isn't an excuse not to do it), get motivated and organised and change my eating habits. Oh, but I do love food. My downfall isn't always fat and sugar content; it's more about how much I eat. Last August after losing over a stone in weight, I had an operation to remove my gallbladder. Since then, I have put on almost two stone. I am gorging myself because I had (mentally) to starve myself last year to get the operation. I had to cut out all fat. I didn't mind that part actually, I found ways to cook without using fat, but I limited myself way too much, and wasn't adventurous enough. The fact is, I am a good cook. I can do this, I just need to exercise my imagination.

I'm curious to know what your motivations are. I may have to create another blog, because I didn't ever intend this to be about dieting; it was supposed to be about my life, my kids, and my experiences. So much to talk about, so much to write, but again, motivation is a problem! I will do this. Again and again if I have to! Share your tips and experiences with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment