Translate

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Return to Form. I hope....

So, I've been away for over a month. Without boring you with the finer details, let's just say it has been an incredibly stressful couple of months, and I'm glad to be seeing the back of the beginning of 2013. I promised myself this year would be good to me. It will be good to me, and I'm starting by being good to myself.

During my 'hiatus', I failed to continue with dieting/healthy eating - whatever you want to call it. And as much as I don't want this to be a blog purely about dieting and losing weight or getting fit, it is about me. I want and need to lose weight. So, on Sunday, after finally feeling better - yet feeling somewhat fed-up of struggling to lift my legs up to put my sodding socks on - I decided to give Weight Watchers Online a go. I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with them. I know many people who have had great success with WW. I am not one of them. I've tried them several times in the past, but without much success. The fact is, I think I'm a binge eater. The only person who can control that is me. But where to start?

I've already struggled with WW and I'm only on day 3. I can't say the blame relies entirely at the door of WW HQ, but if they could adjust their points system so I know whether my Rice Krispies total points includes milk, I'd be ever so grateful. They need to take a leaf out of My Fitness Pal's book in that respect. Their food charts are incredible, because they're listed by thousands, if not millions of people. You're almost guaranteed to find what you're looking for, and it seems highly accurate. I've already looked at WW Facebook page, and people are questioning their new and improved app. Come on, guys! Sort it out for us little people! Anyway, the struggle came yesterday, on day 2. Well, given I only signed up on Sunday evening, yesterday was more like day 1. I was stood in my kitchen door way and right in front of me, across the room, I noticed I had left a cupboard door open. I spy with my little eye, something beginning with..... NUTELLA! 'Oooo, I'll have a spoon of that,' I thought to myself. One teaspoon turned into four. Oh. My. God. Divine! Oh, wait. Oh, yeah, I'm on a diet. I mentally kicked myself and then entered the points into my little WW app. I'm still under on points, and in my head I am starving. I need to learn self control. Quick. I'm wondering if anyone else forgets they are on a diet - and so quickly?

So, where am I at today? Well, my starting weight is fat. Within a month, I'd like to be a little less fat. I have mentioned before that I'm doing this for many reasons, but I am also doing it to support my little sister (she's 32 this year, but she's still my baby, I'm still five, and she cries a lot) who is on her own 'journey' (so cliche) to lose weight, so she can start IVF. Here's a link to her blog if you'd like to follow and show your support. Baby a Chance

No comments:

Post a Comment